The Department of Basic Education in partnership with the PEISA encourages communities and schools including Early Childhood Centres to celebrate the Physical Education Month from 06 April – 10 May 2015 with Physical Education Day on 10th May. The 6th of April also coincides with the World Day for Physical Activity as declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO) during the 54th World Health Assembly in 2002.
The month programme has been divided as follows:
- 6th April – 10th April 2015 – Family and ECD (6th of April is Family Day – Public Holiday)
- 13th April – 17th April 2015 – Foundation Phase
- 20th April – 24th April 2015 – Intermediate Phase
- 27th April – 1st May 2015 – Senior Phase
- 4th May – 8th May 2015 – FET Phase
Read more : www.education.gov.za