The department of basic education has called for comments to improve the national curriculum from grade 4 to 12.
The following media statement was issued.
The National Department of Education wishes to invite all teachers, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), Higher Education experts, parents and members of the public to participate in a public comment process to refine and strengthen the implementation of the curriculum.
This process is intends to obtain first-hand information on the pressure points and to find solutions that will improve the efficiency of curriculum delivery in the classroom.
Your comments should be captured in writing and be specific to the phase of the schooling system (Intermediate, Senior or FET Phase). Kindly indicate your relationship with the NCS e.g. parent, learner, teacher, researcher.
You may submit your written submissions to the Department of Basic Education in one of the following ways:
- By delivering it by hand to: Attention Ms N Tom, Department of Basic Education, Sol Plaatje House, 123 Schoeman Street, Pretoria, 0001
- By posting it to: Attention Ms N Tom, Department of Basic Education, Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001.
- By sending an e-mail to: NCS.firstname.lastname@example.org
- By completing an electronic form on: http://www.thutong.doe.gov.za
- By uploading a file to: http://www.thutong.doe.gov.za
Make your voice heard.